Coordinated Entry (CE) serves all people experiencing homelessness, with a goal of connecting them to stable housing. CE uses a standardized Housing Triage Tool that matches services and available housing resources to people experiencing homelessness. To enroll in CE, visit a Regional Access Point.

FAQs in different languages:

Frequently Asked Questions

CES is intended to help people experiencing homelessness find stable housing by identifying, assessing, and connecting to housing support services and housing resources. CES uses a standardized Housing Triage Tool and Housing Needs Form that matches services and available housing resources to people experiencing homelessness.

CES serves all people (single adults, young adults*, couples, families, and veterans) who are experiencing homelessness in King County. Additionally, young adults* who are at risk of homelessness within 14 days can also receive CES services. Being homeless means you are:

  • Living and sleeping outside or in places not meant for human habitation
  • Fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence**
  • Staying in an emergency shelter, or
  • Exiting an institution*** where you stayed for up to 90 days and were homeless before entering that institution.

*Young adult means a person between 17.5 years old through 24 years old.

**Domestic violence means the person or family is afraid to return to their home or is experiencing dangerous or life threatening conditions at home, usually due to abuse, stalking, dating violence, sexual assault or other physical assault. Persons who have experienced human trafficking or sexual exploitation may also be served by CES.

***Institution means a jail, prison, a psychiatric hospital, medical hospital, or a drug/alcohol treatment program.

To enroll in CES, visit a Regional Access Point.

Contact one of the Regional Access Points listed here.

CES uses a Housing Triage Tool to get more information about the needs of each homeless family or homeless person. In general, the triage tool asks a series of questions about you, your health, how you are experiencing homelessness, and what other needs you might have.

CES can only serve people or families who meet at least one of the conditions described under “Am I eligible” above. If you or your family do not meet any of the conditions listed, please call 2-1-1 or visit to get connected with other services. 

There are 5 Regional Access Point offices located throughout King County. They are listed below.

Seattle Office

Catholic Community ServicesAddress: 100 23rd Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144 Phone: 206-323-6336 Get Directions Monday –Friday 9 am-5 pm. Evenings/weekends hours by appointment.

South King County in Federal Way Office

Multi-Service Center- Federal Way

Address: 1200 South 336th Street, Federal Way, WA 98003Phone: (253) 838-6810Get Directions 
Monday –Friday 9 am-5 pm. Evenings/weekends by appointment.

South King County – Renton Office

YWCA- Renton

Address: 1010 South 2nd Street, Renton, WA 98057 Phone: (425) 264-1400

Get Directions
Monday –Friday 9 am-5 pm. Saturday hours by appointment only.

North King County Office
 Opportunity Center for Employment and     EducationAddress: 9600 College Way North, Seattle, WA  98103 Phone: 206-753-4890 Get Directions     Monday–Friday 9 am-5 pm. Evenings/weekends by appointment only.
East King County OfficeCatholic Community Services – Bellevue(Note:The office is in the First Congregational Church building.)
11061 NE 2nd Street, Bellevue, WA 98004Phone: (206) 323-6336Get Directions

Yes. Workers at the Regional Access Point offices can speak several different languages. When you contact a RAP, please let the person answering your phone call know what language you are most comfortable speaking. If no workers at the location where you are meeting speak the same language as yours, the person answering your phone call will make sure an interpreter will be available during your appointment.

Yes. You are welcome to bring your children with you to your appointment. 

Yes. Regional Access Point offices can offer evening and weekend hours by appointment.

If you were homeless before being in a jail or prison AND stayed in jail or prison for 90 days or less, then CES can help.

If you are a young adult (17 through 24 years old), CES can help if it is at least two weeks before you leave a jail or prison. For a young adult, there is no requirement that you were homeless immediately before entering the jail or prison. There is also no requirement that you were in the jail or prison 90 days or less.

CES does not use a waitlist. Instead, we work to match the needs of the household experiencing homelessness with housing resources that are currently available. However, housing is not guaranteed and the wait time is uncertain.

Please update your contact information or any other information related to your housing screening, by calling any of the Regional Access Point offices.

Single Adults: Call 211 to get connected to shelter.          

Youth and Young Adults:
YouthCare: (800) 495-7802
ROOTS: (206) 632-1635
The Landing: (425) 449-3868
New Horizons (206) 374-0866
Nexus: (253) 275-1634
PSKS: (206) 726-8500

Families: Families experiencing literal homelessness or fleeing domestic violence who are in need of same day access to shelter should call the Family Emergency Shelter Access Line (206-245-1026) every day they are in need of shelter, starting at 9:00am (no end time). If a shelter bed is available, families will be contacted by shelters providers throughout King County in the afternoon and evening.

Domestic Violence Shelters: Call 211 to get connected to shelter, or call the Washington State Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233.