What we do
The Office of the Ombuds is dedicated to improving the quality of services for people experiencing homelessness by helping community members navigate the homeless system, resolve issues, escalate emergency calls, and proactively engage with the community to gather system feedback.
The Office of the Ombuds reports directly to the CEO and acts independently, with sole discretion to initiate and pursue complaints and inquiries.
Please note that the Ombuds is not designed to resolve complaints about encampments or from housed neighbors.
The Ombuds serves the following groups:
- Community members using services overseen or funded by the KCRHA
- Employees, funders, and contractors of the KCRHA
- Providers who implement services overseen or funded by the KCRHA
Services and Activities
- Provides information.
- Responds to inquiries and concerns.
- Investigates complaints.
- Recommends changes.
- Write reports.
- Seeks input and feedback about system improvements from KCRHA constituents.
Reports and Case Studies
The Ombuds Annual Report, other reports, and case studies will be posted here as they become available.
Contact the Ombuds Office
Ombuds Message Line: 206.639.4601
If you call or email the office without completing the form, please be prepared to answer the questions that are listed on the complaint and inquiry form.
We also accept complaints by mail. Please address to:
KCRHA Ombuds, 400 Yesler Way, Suite 600, Seattle, WA, 98104