Notice of Funding Availability
Update 12.20.21: The full RFP is now availabile on our Funding Opportunities page.
The King County Regional Homelessness Authority (RHA) is pleased to announce a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for Non-Congregate Alternatives to Shelter.
Guided by RHA’s Theory of Change, the Non-Congregate Alternatives to Shelter RFP is intended to extend Seattle’s continuum of comprehensive, person-centered shelter solutions. The RHA expects to award funds for up to three projects that will:
- Ensure people living without shelter are safe and healthy, and prevent the spread of diseases such as COVID-19.
- Provide safe alternatives to encampments for people experiencing unsheltered homelessness in Seattle through the development of non-congregate shelters that emphasize rapid exits to permanent housing.
- Promote system transformation to rapidly transition individuals out of non-congregate shelters and into permanent housing.
Additionally, the RFP applicants may apply for one or more RFP categories relevant to their organization’s area of expertise. RFP application categories will include:
- Property Acquisition and/or Site Development
- Program Operations
- Behavioral Health Services
- Housing Search Services
|2021 Funding Opportunities
|Anticipated Funding Process Release
|Anticipated Funding Available
|Anticipated Contract Start Date
|Anticipated Funding Process
|2021 Non-Congregate Alternatives to Shelter.
|Up to $2,400,000
|1st Quarter of 2022
|Request for Funding Proposal (RFP)
*These are estimated funding process release dates and funding amounts and both are subject to change. Please visit kcrha.org regularly for formal funding opportunity announcements.
If you have questions about this opportunity, please click here to email our Contracts team.
Please note that KCRHA is not a direct service provider and cannot refer you to housing or shelter; click here for housing and shelter resources.